Bed Wedge - Acid Reflux
Also available in:
Memory Foam - the top one inch (2.5cm) is cut off and replaced with pressure relieving memory foam.
- Elevates the torso; reducing acid & silent reflux discomfort instantly.
- Made in the UK.
- The Putnams Bed Wedge is recommended by the NHS for acid reflux.
- 2 Year Guarantee.
- Lengthy 14 day returns policy.
- CertiPUR® foam for peace of mind.
- Recommended by the Oesophageal Patients Association (OPA).
- Comes with a white zipped, washable, poly-cotton cover.
- Over 140 5* star reviews.
- As seen in The Guardian newspaper.
- CE marked - Class 1 medical device.
- Spare covers available here.
Heartburn, Acid Reflux, GERD, GORD, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) and similar medical conditions all result from acid seeping upwards during sleep when laying flat. When sleeping slightly tilted on this triangle pillow, gravity helps stop this occurrence and reduces associated discomfort and sleep disruption.
The Adult Bed Wedge is versatile and can be used in three many ways:
- Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, rhinitis, glaucoma, vertigo and respiratory problems. The Putnams bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.
- Use as a back support when sitting up in bed.
- Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs and feet. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.
The Putnams Bed wedge can be used for many different medical conditions including: Acid Reflux (GERD/GORD) / Heartburn / Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR), Snoring reduction, Shoulder Surgery, Hiatus hernia (Oesophagitis), Rhinitis, Glaucoma, Esophageal Motility, Vertigo, Respiratory illness (pneumonia & flu (keeps you propped up at night)), Varicose veins / Swollen ankles / Phlebitis /Oedema (when wedge is placed under feet).
"SERD [supraesophageal reflux disease] frequently occurs in the supine position and that 6 inches of head-of-bed elevation is effective in reducing supine SERD." -The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2015
Ideal for post surgery, including;
- Post hysterectomy
- Post hip replacement
- Post spinal surgery
- Post open-heart surgery
- As well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.
''Weight loss and head of bed elevation are effective lifestyle interventions for GERD'' - Stanford Study 2006
24": W24" x L30" x H6"
36" (91.5cm) UK Single: W36" x L30" x H6" **
54" (137cm) UK Double: W54" x L30" x H6" **
60" (152.5cm) UK King: W60" x L30" x H6" **
72" (183cm) UK Super King: W72" x L30" x H6" **
W: width, L: length, H: height
**Please note that sizes larger than the 24" will have large goods shipping applied at checkout. Sizes larger than the 36" width will come in two pieces of foam (two side by side pieces that will be put into the cover to sit side by side). Covers for the sizes 54" upwards may require two people to put covers on and off.
Triangle bed wedge pillow available in single, small double, double, king and super king.