Bed Wedge - Single, Double, King, Super King
Our bed wedge range now includes the sizes: Single, Double, King and Super King.
Also available in Memory Foam (the top one inch is cut off and replaced with pressure relieving memory foam topper).
- British Made.
- 2 year guarantee.
- Lengthy 14 day returns policy.
- CertiPUR® foam.
- Reduces acid reflux and heartburn symptoms instantly.
- Comes with a white zipped, removable, poly-cotton cover.
- Recommended by the Oesophageal Patients Association (OPA).
Heartburn, Acid Reflux, GERD, GORD, Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR) and similar medical conditions all result from acid seeping upwards during sleep when laying flat. When sleeping slightly tilted gravity helps stop this occurrence and reduces associated discomfort and sleep disruption.
The Putnams Bed wedge can be used for many different medical conditions including:
- Acid Reflux (GERD/GORD) / Heartburn / Gastro-oesophageal reflux disease
- Laryngopharyngeal Reflux (LPR)
- Snoring reduction
- Shoulder Surgery
- Hiatus hernia (Oesophagitis)
- Esophageal Motility
- Respiratory problems
- Varicose veins / Swollen ankles / Phlebitis /Oedema (when wedge is placed under feet)
The Adult Bed Wedge can be used in three many ways:
- Place it under your pillow to sleep in a raised comfortable position, ideal for sufferers of hiatus hernia, rhinitis, glaucoma, vertigo and respiratory problems. The Putnams bed wedge helps keep you upright and comfortable at the same time.
- Use as a back support in bed.
- Place the Bed wedge at the bottom of the bed to raise and support your legs. This provides relief from varicose veins, swollen ankles, phlebitis and oedema.
24": W24" x L30" x H6"
36": W36" x L30" x H6" **
54": W54" x L30" x H6" **
60": W60" x L30" x H6" **
72": W72" x L30" x H6" **
W: width, L: length, H: height
**Please note that sizes larger than the 24" will have large goods shipping applied at checkout. Sizes larger than the 36" width will come in two pieces of foam (two side by side pieces that will be put into the cover to sit side by side). Covers for the sizes 54" upwards may require two people to put covers on and off.
"SERD [supraesophageal reflux disease] frequently occurs in the supine position and that 6 inches of head-of-bed elevation is effective in reducing supine SERD." -The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2015
Ideal for post surgery, including;
- Post hysterectomy
- Post hip replacement
- Post spinal surgery
- Post open-heart surgery
- As well as being great for mobility, sitting up in bed and chest pain.
''Weight loss and head of bed elevation are effective lifestyle interventions for GERD'' - Stanford Study 2006
Triangle bed wedge pillow available in single, small double, double, king and super king.
Spare Bed Wedge covers are available. Please click here to view.
If you are looking at this product for medical usage it is possible for us to make it with a waterproof navy fabric, which is machine washable at 95 degrees, conforms to BS7175, Crib 5 (suitable for hospitals and nursing homes). Enquire via email or telephone (firstname.lastname@example.org 01752 345678) trade enquiries and NHS orders welcome.